Chief of Staff and Strategy
WHY DO WE EXIST?
Doctors need to constantly learn and keep themselves updated about the latest practices in their field. Case-based learning (clinical cases) is considered to be the best way to go about doing that. The traditional methods for case discussions are medical conferences and medical journals, but the cost and time doctors need to spend on these, often make it difficult. Also, on average, a medical doctor takes 30 key decisions per day which range from what drug to prescribe, when to do a surgery, what device to use, to when to discharge a patient.
WHO ARE WE?
DailyRounds is a healthcare startup focused on organizing “Knowledge of practice of Medicine” and building a community of Doctors (and healthcare professionals). We hold the largest IP (intellectual property) in clinical medicine in India. We hope to put this IP, network, and our best efforts to help Doctors improve how they diagnose and treat. We are a diverse team of 300 people based in Bangalore.
We are product-driven. We believe businesses should scale and be profitable. We stay away from fads and focus on what makes business sense, what can scale, and what can make a positive impact (in that order).
In April 2019 M3 India, the Indian subsidiary of Japanese Healthtech company M3 (one of the largest healthcare networks globally, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange), picked up a majority stake in DailyRounds to foray into case-based problem-solving, community platform and medical test preparation business in India.”
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING HERE
- Identify, define, manage, and drive special projects and initiatives that are cross-functional and strategic to the company.
- Build a thorough understanding of all areas of the business - Product, Customers, Sales, Marketing etc - to determine priorities of the CEO through weekly meetings and identifying opportunities to increase the leadership team and the company’s effectiveness in execution.
- Drive executive-level agenda - strategic and OKR planning, business reviews, and Board meetings.
- Transform the organization into a well-oiled supefunctioning machine.
THE BEST FIT CANDIDATE WOULD HAVE
- More than 5 years of experience in management consulting in an established consulting practice or leadership role in a medium to large size business.
- If in management consulting background, the candidate should have worked closely with the leadership team of consulting client.
- In a leadership role, should have been a very hands on leader with direct insights into the working of the team & function.
- High IQ-Self-directed, resourceful, and comfortable with operating in ambiguity.
- High EQ - Excellent communicator and relationship builder.
- The ability to summarize and present complex topics effectively to a wide audience.
- Experience in organizing and managing cross-functional projects.
- A growth mindset with entrepreneurial energy.
- Experience in financial analysis and basic modelling.
- Start-up experience is a plus.
- International experience will be an added advantage.